Windows Pro Fortran for 2021
Absoft Pro Fortran 2021 provides a complete 64 and 32 bit Windows Fortran compiler solution and supports mixed language development by interfacing with the Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows SDK C/C++ compilers.
New in Pro Fortran 2021
- Parallel LAPACK and BLAS
- Lapack 3.9.0
- GINO Lite 9.0
- AbsoftTools enhancements
- Performance Enhancements
- Most complete and easiest to use Fortran solution for Windows
- One simple installation with nothing else to buy
- Installs and runs on either Win32 or Win64 environments
- Highly optimized code generation for best-of-class performance for 32-bit and 64-bit AMD and Intel processors
- Full Fortran 95 compiler with F2003 and F2008 features
- Legacy FORTRAN compatibility and workstation extensions
- Includes a C/C++ preprocessor
- Debug and link compatible with the Microsoft C compiler included with the Microsoft platform SDK
- Complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with programmer’s editor, debugger, and ability to execute select third party programs as plug-ins.
- All Pro Fortran compilers can be executed equally well from the IDE or command line
- AMDAL pre-configured HPC libraries for linear algebra (BLAS, LAPACK), VAX/Unix-compatibility, data access (HDF4, HDF5, NetCDF) and 2D/3D graphics
- Source compatible versions available for Macintosh, Windows and Linux – Multi-platform discounts available
Supported F2003/F2008 Features
|F2003 /F2008 Features|
|IEEE Exceptions Module||ISO C BINDING Module|
|PROTECTED statement/attribute||POINTER W/INTENT Attribute|
|Allocatable Components (partial)||Enhanced TYPE Initializers|
|POINTER bounds remapping||empty CONTAINS statement|
|IOMSG= specifier||recognized ASYNC I/O specifiers|
|ABSTRACT INTERFACE||PROCEDURE statements|
|STREAM I/O||NEWUNIT= OPEN specifier|
|F2003/F2008 Intrinsic Functions|
The AWE Fortran application framework provides Fast Data Visualization to easily create a variety of plots and charts and includes AWE Canvas with graphics primitives such as lines, curves, and rectangles. OpenGL graphics programming is supported through included f90gl and f03gl interface packages. The Absoft Pro Fortran package also contains pre-built versions of a flexible graphics library called PLplot. PLplot can be called from Fortran as well as C/C++ and can create standard x-y plots, semilog plots, log-log plots, contour plots, 3D plots, mesh plots, bar charts, and pie charts.
Absoft AMDAL HPC Math, Data Access, and Graphics Libraries
- Lapack 3.9
- HDF 5 1.8.21
- HDF4 4.2.13
- PLPlot 5.9.9
OpenMP 3.1 Support
Absoft Pro Fortran provides complete Open MP 3.1 support in the compiler and debugger.
Microsoft DLL and Windows API Programming
Pro Fortran simplifies building 64-bit and 32-bit dynamic link libraries (DLLs) compatible with Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Visual BASIC, Microsoft Excel, and other calling programs. Example code and documentation provided.
Pro Fortran supports programing the Microsoft Win32 API directly from Fortran. Include files, F90 interface modules, and import libraries are provided for building both 64-bit and 32-bit applications. Complete source code for MRWE, an additional Fortran Framework similar to AWE, is also included.
Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI) Support
Microsoft MPI is a Microsoft implementation of the Message Passing Interface standard for developing and running parallel applications on the Windows platform. Absoft Pro Fortran includes an AbsoftTools IDE plugin for MS-MPI which allows you to prototype MPI applications on your workstation or notebook computer. Installer packages for MS-MPI v10.0 are supplied on the USB drive and Electronic Delivery download.
Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ Compiler Support
The AbsoftTools integrated development supports mixed language programing by integrating the C/C++ compilers included with Microsoft Visual Studio and the Microsoft Windows 7.1 SDK. These compilers are available as additional free or for cost packages from Microsoft. The following versions are supported by the AbsoftTools IDE
- Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1
- Visual Studio Express 2010, Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio Express 2012, Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio Express 2013, Visual Studio 2013
- Visual Studio Express 2015, Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio Community 2017, Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio Community 2019, Visual Studio 2019
- A computer with a 32 or 64 bit Intel or AMD processor supporting the Intel SSE2 instruction set (Intel Pentium 4 or later, AMD Athlon II or later). For best performance, a multi-core or multi-processor system is recommended.
- 2GB RAM
- 4GB free disk space
- One of the following Microsoft Windows Operating systems
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Extensive product documentation is installed into <INSTALL_FOLDER>\Absoft21.0\documentation and includes
- Pro Fortran User Guide
- Fx3 Debugger User Guide
- Optimization Guide
- Building and Using DLLs Guide
- Absoft Fortran Reference
- Absoft Unix/VAX Support Library Reference
- Absoft License Manager Reference
Numerous Pro Fortran examples are included and installed into examples and examples64 sub-directories.
Absoft branded products include Premier Technical Support and Initial Software Maintenance at no additional charge from the time of purchase for as long as the purchased version remains the current release version.
Initial Software Maintenance (ISM) includes free electronic downloads of all interim Service Packs and Quick Fixes from Absoft. Version upgrades require a separate purchase but at discounted prices for commercial/government users – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
For further information on available support for current, registered users, see the support section on this site.
Continuing Software Maintenance
At the conclusion of the Initial Software Maintenance term (i.e. when a new version of the purchased product is released) customers may either purchase a Product Upgrade or within 30 days of the new product release, purchase Continuing Software Maintenance for an additional 12-month maintenance term.
Continuing Software Maintenance (CSM) includes all elements of Premier Technical support plus all Product Upgrades issued during the 12-month Continuing Software Maintenance term. Annual renewals of Software Maintenance will be made available at a low-cost to commercial/government customers who renew within their unexpired Maintenance term – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
For users electing not to renew Continuing Software Maintenance and having expired maintenance terms but later wishing to rejoin CSM, Reinstatement Software Maintenance (RSM) terms may be purchased.