macOS Pro Fortran for 2022
Absoft Pro Fortran 2022 provides a complete 64-bit macOS and OS X Fortran compiler solution and supports mixed language development by interfacing with Apple’s Xcode C/C++ compiler.
New in Pro Fortran 2022
- Full compatibility with macOS Monterey (12.0)
- Rosetta2 option for best performance under translation with M1 silicon
- AbsoftTools enhancements
- Performance improvements
- LAPACK 3.10 libraries
- Most complete and easiest to use Fortran solution for macOS – Nothing else to buy
- Installs and runs on OS X Snow Leopard through macOS Monterey
- Compiler, most tools, and compiled programs run under Rosetta2 translation
- Highly optimized code generation for best-of-class performance for 64-bit Intel processors
- Full Fortran 95 compiler with F2003 and F2008 features
- Legacy FORTRAN compatibility and workstation extensions
- Debug and link compatible with the Apple C/C++ compiler included with Xcode and Xcode command-line tools
- Complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with color programmer’s editor, debugger, and ability to execute select third-party programs as plug-ins.
- All Pro Fortran compilers can be executed equally well from the IDE or command line
- AMDAL pre-configured HPC libraries for linear algebra (BLAS, LAPACK), VAX/Unix-compatibility, data access (HDF4, HDF5, NetCDF) and 2D/3D graphics
- Source compatible versions available for OS X, Windows, and Linux – Multi-platform discounts available
Supported F2003/F2008 Features
|F2003 /F2008 Features|
|IEEE Exceptions Module||ISO C BINDING Module|
|PROTECTED statement/attribute||POINTER W/INTENT Attribute|
|Allocatable Components (partial)||Enhanced TYPE Initializers|
|POINTER bounds remapping||empty CONTAINS statement|
|IOMSG= specifier||recognized ASYNC I/O specifiers|
|ABSTRACT INTERFACE||PROCEDURE statements|
|STREAM I/O||NEWUNIT= OPEN specifier|
|F2003/F2008 Intrinsic Functions|
The AWE Fortran application framework provides Fast Data Visualization to easily create a variety of plots and charts and also supports the AWE Canvas with graphics primitives such as lines, curves, and rectangles. OpenGL graphics programming is supported through included f90gl and f03gl interface packages. The Absoft Pro Fortran package also contains pre-built versions of a flexible graphics library called PLplot. PLplot can be called from Fortran as well as C/C++ and can create standard x-y plots, semilog plots, log-log plots, contour plots, 3D plots, mesh plots, bar charts, and pie charts.
OpenMP 3.1 Support
Absoft Pro Fortran provides complete Open MP 3.1 support in the compiler and debugger.
Apple Xcode C/C++ Compiler Support
The AbsoftTools integrated development supports mixed-language programming by integrating the C/C++ compilers included with Apple’s Xcode and Xcode command line tools packages. These compilers are available at no cost from Apple.
- Apple Intel CPU based system or M1 system with Rosetta 2 technology
- 2GB RAM
- 4GB free disk space
- Apple macOS or OS X Operating system
- macOS Monterey (12.0)
- macOS Big Sur (11.0)
- macOS Catalina (10.15)
- macOS Mojave (10.14)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
- OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- OS X Mavericks (10.9)
- OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
- OS X Lion (10.7)
- OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
Extensive product documentation is installed into the /Applications/Absoft22.0/documentaion folder and includes
- Pro Fortran User Guide
- Fx3 Debugger User Guide
- Optimization Guide
- Absoft Fortran Reference
- Absoft Unix/VAX Support Library Reference
- Absoft License Manager Reference
Numerous Pro Fortran examples are included and installed into the /Applications/Absoft22.0/examples folder.
Absoft branded products include Premier Technical Support and Initial Software Maintenance at no additional charge from the time of purchase for as long as the purchased version remains the current release version.
Initial Software Maintenance (ISM) includes free electronic downloads of all interim Service Packs and Quick Fixes from Absoft. Version upgrades require a separate purchase but at discounted prices for commercial/government users – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
For further information on available support for current, registered users, see the support section on this site.
Continuing Software Maintenance
At the conclusion of the Initial Software Maintenance term (i.e. when a new version of the purchased product is released) customers may either purchase a Product Upgrade or within 30 days of the new product release, purchase Continuing Software Maintenance for an additional 12-month maintenance term.
Continuing Software Maintenance (CSM) includes all elements of Premier Technical support plus all Product Upgrades issued during the 12-month Continuing Software Maintenance term. Annual renewals of Software Maintenance will be made available at a low-cost to commercial/government customers who renew within their unexpired Maintenance term – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
For users electing not to renew Continuing Software Maintenance and having expired maintenance terms but later wishing to rejoin CSM, Reinstatement Software Maintenance (RSM) terms may be purchased.